Lime Glazed Tropical Bread
A delightful bread that will remind you of a warm summer day.
1 package ChiquitaTM Banana Bread
1 cup mashed bananas (approximately 2 very ripe bananas)
1 large egg (lightly beaten)
2 tablespoons low-fat vanilla yogurt
1 1/2 tablespoons dark rum
1/3 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
1 tablespoon sweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons Concord Foods' Reconstituted Lime Juice
- Pre-heat oven 350*F. Grease and lightly flour 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- Mix contents of pouch with bananas, egg, yogurt and rum. After batter is mixed, gently fold in coconut and maraschino cherries.
- Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon coconut over batter.
- Bake at 350*F for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen edges with knife and remove from pan.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and lime juice. Whisk until sugar is dissolved. Drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely before cutting.
Category: Breads & Breakfast
CHIQUITA and the CHIQUITA Logo are trademarks of Chiquita Brands L.L.C. and are used under license from Chiquita Brands L.L.C.