Almond and Blueberry Salad with Blueberry Croutons and Lemon & Honey Vinaigrette
A wonderful salad courtesy of the Berry Sweet Baking Contest, which was co-sponsored by California Giant Berry Farms.
- 1 box Concord Foods Blueberry Muffin Mix
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, slightly broken up with a fork
- 1 teaspoon fresh Meyer lemon zest
- 7 cups loosely packed spring mix lettuce
- 1- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 4 oz. Brie, cut into small cubes
- 6 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 and 1/2 Meyer lemons
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Line an 8”x11" rectangular baking tray with enough parchment paper to over hand the sides of the pan by 1/2".
- Stir together the Concord Blueberry Muffin mix, egg, and milk until combined.
- With a fork, slightly break apart the blueberries and fold, along with the lemon zest, into the batter until just combined.
- Using an offset spatula, spread the batter out onto the prepared baking tray and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Lift the parchment paper from the baking tray and place onto a cutting board. Cut the dough into small 1/4-1/2" squares.
- Return the squares to the baking tray (without the parchment paper) and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes until golden and slightly crispy. Set aside.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients into a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake until the
ingredients are emulsified.
- Assemble the salad by arranging the spring mix onto a large, oval serving platter. Top
with fresh blueberries, sliced almonds, and cubed Brie. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and top with blueberry croutons. Serve immediately.
Category: Soups & Salads