1 frozen loaf pound cake, defrosted and cut into 1 inch cubes
2 packages Concord Foods Banana Cream Pie Mix
3 2/3 cups milk, divided
1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered, reserving 2 to 3 whole berries for garnish
2 large ripe bananas, sliced
½ cup sliced almonds, toasted* (optional garnish)
- Combine and prepare the 2 filling pouches of Banana Cream Pie with 3 cups milk according to package directions. Combine and prepare topping pouches with 2/3 cup milk according to package directions.
- Line trifle bowl with 1/3 of the cubed cake.
- Top with 1/3 of the prepared pudding, followed by 1/3 of the strawberries and bananas. Cover with 1/3 of the prepared whipped topping. Repeat layers (cake, pudding, strawberries, bananas and whipped topping) an additional 2 times.
- Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Before serving garnish with whole berries and toasted sliced almonds.
* To toast almonds, place them in a small dry nonstick skillet and over medium high heat, stir nuts until they turn golden brown. Immediately remove from skillet and cool.