Banana Walnut Streusel Coffee Cake
A very decadent coffee cake with a special streusel topping.
2 boxes ChiquitaTM Banana Bread
4 tablespoons double acting baking powder
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups mashed over-ripe banana
¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
10 fl oz. water
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375oF and grease and lightly flour Bundt pan.
2. To make streusel, mix all ingredients together using fork. Set aside.
3. Blend baking powder with banana bread mix by hand for 1 -2 minutes. Add egg, water, banana, finely chopped walnuts and mix by hand for 3 – 4 minutes.
4. Pour 1/2 batter into Bundt pan sprinkle ½ of the streusel topping over batter in pan, cover streusel with remaining batter.
5. Bake 45-55 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool and remove from pan and invert.
6. Heat remaining streusel in small pan until melted and pour over bundt.
CHIQUITA and the CHIQUITA Logo are trademarks of Chiquita Brands L.L.C. and are used under license from Chiquita Brands L.L.C.