Banana Whoopie Pies
1 box Chiquita™ Banana Bread Mix
2 tsp. Double acting baking powder
1-large Egg, lightly beaten
1 cup Mashed over-ripe Banana
½ cup Chopped Walnuts (optional)
2 Tbsp milk
½ cup Finely Chopped Walnuts (optional)
Cream Cheese Filling
4 oz Cream Cheese at room temperate
6 Tbsp Butter, softened
½ tsp. Vanilla
1 ½ cup Powdered sugar
*Optional peanut butter filling recipe available below.
- Preheat oven to 450oF. Line baking pan with parchment
- To make filling, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla together. Gradually add in powdered sugar until light and fluffy
- Hand mix egg, milk, banana and dry mix for 2-3 minutes, fold in chopped walnuts (optional).
- Drop 1 ½ Tbsp of batter onto parchment lined baking pan.
- Cook on middle rack for 7-8 minutes, or until done. Cool on pan and remove parchment.
- Sandwich about 3 Tbsp of filling between whoopie cakes, then roll edges in finely chopped walnuts (optional).
Optional filling: Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Filling
4 oz cream cheese at room temperate
6 Tbsp. peanut butter, softened
1 ½ cup powdered sugar.
1. Beat cream cheese and butter together.
2. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
CHIQUITA and the CHIQUITA Logo are trademarks of Chiquita Brands L.L.C. and are used under license from Chiquita Brands L.L.C.