Banana Whoopie Pies with Pumpkin Caramel Frosting
1 box Chiquita Banana Bread Mix
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 large egg
1 cup mashed over-ripe banana
½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
2 Tbsp milk
2/3 cup Concord Foods Pumpkin Spice Caramel Dip
½ cup butter, softened
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Hand mix banana, egg, milk, dry mix, and baking powder for 2-3 minutes. Fold in chopped walnuts if desired
- Drop rounded tablespoons of batter onto a lined baking pan, leaving at least one inch in between each.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, or until done.
- For frosting: Using an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy. Gradually add in powdered sugar. Add salt, vanilla, and Pumpkin Spice Dip and mix well.
- When cakes are completely cooled, sandwich 1-2 tablespoons of frosting between two cakes.
Makes roughly 8 3-in diameter whoopie pies (16 halves)
CHIQUITA and the CHIQUITA Logo are trademarks of Chiquita Brands L.L.C. and are used under license from Chiquita Brands L.L.C.