Cranberry Orange Biscotti
Concord Foods would like to thank Cindy Blake for this delicious suggestion!
Makes: 2 ½ - 3 dozen biscotti
1 box Concord Foods' Cranberry Bread Mix
1/2 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup chopped pecans
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted and cooled
1/4 teaspoon almond extract, optional
Preheat oven to 350*F.
- In a large bowl, mix contents of Cranberry Bread Mix, cranberries, pecans, eggs and melted butter by hand until all ingredients are wet.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into two 10 x 3 inch logs. Place the logs lengthwise, a few inches apart, on a parchment lined (or greased) cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300*F.
- When logs are cooled, diagonally cut them with a serrated knife into ½ inch slices.
- Places slices cut side down on the cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes; turn slices over and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
*Chocolate Cranberry Orange Biscotti
Melt 6 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate morsels according to package directions. Dip 1 cut side of each cooled biscotti in chocolate. Place on parchment or wax papered lined cookie sheet until chocolate has set (hint: refrigerating the dipped slices will hasten the firming of the chocolate).