Dulce de Leche Rice Pudding
Serves: 4 to 5
1 1/2 cups cooked rice
2 cups milk, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 package Concord Foods Caramel Apple Wrap
1 egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
vanilla ice cream
- Combine 1 1/2 cups milk, cooked rice, salt and 4 discs of Apple Wrap in a medium (2qt) saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy - 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine beaten egg and 1/2 cup milk. Stir in gradually a small quantity of the hot pudding to the egg/milk. Stirring constantly, slowly pour this mix into the rest of the pudding.
- Cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add vanilla extract and remaining disc of Caramel Apple Wrap, stirring until caramel disc has melted.
- Pour into individual dessert dishes and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
- If serving warm, top pudding with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.