Concord Foods, LLC is a rapidly growing, dynamic food manufacturer, located 25 miles south of Boston (off Route 24) near the Brockton/Easton line. Concord Foods is a leading supplier of retail food products and custom ingredients to nationally recognized supermarkets, food service operators and leading industrial/food manufacturers.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST
Concord Foods is seeking a detail oriented, energetic, self-starter to fill a full time hourly position in our fast paced Customer Service Department. Hours are 8am-4:30pm. Responsibilities include greeting our external customers, directing calls to appropriate personnel, processing customer orders and invoicing, responding to consumer inquiries, tracking orders, handling delivery/freight issues, back up support to customer service team and sales staff, spreadsheets, and other general clerical duties.
Candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision, multi-task, possess excellent communication and customer handling skills. Minimum of 2-4 years customer service experience. Proficient skills in MS Word and Excel required, PowerPoint experience a plus.
We offer a competitive compensation package as well as a positive work environment. Successful candidate will be required to pass a background check & drug screen. Please send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to:
Director Human Resources
10 Minuteman Way
Brockton, MA 02301
Supervisor will have “hands on” responsibility for 1-2 processing/packaging lines with 10-15 employees on the 1st shift. Candidates should have 3- 5 years manufacturing supervisory and hourly employee management experience in a kettle operation.
- Knowledge of FDA regulated processing/manufacturing preferred.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to rapid changeover requirements.
- Team player with good organizational, analytical, technical interpersonal and training skill.
- Ability to understand and execute complex formulas and processing instructions.
- A high level of integrity and willingness to assume responsibility.
- Experience managing a diverse hourly employee team.
- Understanding of FDA Good Manufacturing Practices requirements.
- Must have good verbal and written skills in the English language
- Associates Degree – Science or Engineering a plus.
- Working knowledge of MRP systems.
- Responsible for 1- 2 production lines and ensures that all production and quality standards are consistently met.
- Documents and analyzes all required production data to ensure goals are met.
- Uses problem solving and corrective action teams to optimize production/packaging operations.
- Investigates non conforming production using Root Cause Analysis.
- Able to clearly communicate problems with equipment and processes.
- Manage and execute production schedules meeting customer service goals.
- Effectively utilize labor and production capability to maximize productivity at or below budget cost.
- Manage elimination of waste; focus on continuous improvement. Some exposure to Lean Manufacturing desirable.
- Recognize and implement cost savings opportunities.
- Coach and train front line employees
- Safety orientated
Concord Foods LLC. is well known in the food industry as a supplier to leading retailers, branded confectionery manufacturers and food service chains. The Oringer Division specifically services the confectionery, ice cream/dairy, bakery and food service sectors. The company has four divisions, with a common purpose and commitment to providing superior levels of quality, product innovation and excellent service to customers. Due to our continued growth, we are creating a new position within our R&D team.
We are seeking an experienced product developer with a successful history of developing and commercializing new products. This newly created position will focus on the development of confectionary fillings, syrups/sauces, and ice cream variegates and bases.
Primary purpose: to develop and successfully commercialize new food products that meet the restrictions and requirements supplied in a project brief while meeting food safety, financial and sensorial requirements of the customer.
Support Sales initiatives to drive revenue. Formulate and prepare benchtop/pilot samples per customers’ project briefs, specified restrictions, and within time allotments
Develop predictive analytical testing methods to ensure successful new product transitions to manufacturing
Lead new product trials with support from Quality, Engineering, and Operations
Leverage problem solving and critical thinking skills to overcome development obstacles, find solutions, and resolve issues with commercialization
Perform physical and chemical testing of customer prototypes including, moisture, water activity, pH, viscosity, and microscopy
Develop specifications for prototype samples
Conduct storage studies to validate new product shelf life
Maintain internal documentation and records per internal requirements
Source new ingredients/flavors/etc. as needed. Evaluate performance, record results, and approve raw material documentation
Assist in productivity driven projects
BS or MS in Food Science or Chemistry
4+ years of product development experience within a food manufacturing environment, preference for confectionary and syrup/sauce background
Detailed understanding of ingredient functionality including stabilizer, protein, and fat interactions.
Ability to self manage projects including excellent organizational and time management skills
Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the company
Adaptability, creativity, and team work!
MS Office proficiency
National Accounts Manager
Ice Cream – Confectionery - Industrial
Concord Foods is a major manufacturer of ice cream ingredients, confectionary fillings, sweet toppings and beverage flavorings. We supply major ice cream, confectionary and nutrition bar manufacturers as well as leading food service chains.
We are seeking a National Sales Manager to develop and grow our business with the sectors named above. We are seeking a candidate primarily focused on the ice cream and confectionary sectors, and any experience selling to food service chains is a definite plus. The ideal candidate will have an established track record of dealing with major food manufacturers in these sectors and will bring existing contacts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiate and grow sales with national and regional ice cream, confectionary and nutrition bar manufacturers. Ice Cream manufacturers are the initial and primary focus.
- Identify potential targets, establish, contact and present Concord Food’s capabilities to new customers.
- Develop relationships with R&D, Purchasing, Sourcing and Marketing at target accounts
- Obtain new project briefs and sell Concord Foods products
- Source and manage brokers as required
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience selling food products to the ice cream, and / or confectionary and nutrition bar sectors. Food Service Chain sales experience is a plus.
- Proven ability to communicate with senior level R&D and purchasing personnel at leading ice cream, and / or confectionary and nutrition bar manufacturers.
- Excellent selling skills and the ability to adapt to different customer types.
- Technical knowledge (e.g., Food Science) highly valued.
- 30% - 40% Travel
- Excellent leadership qualities and communication skills
- Ability to prepare proposals, price quotes and bids
- Self starter able to identify opportunities and develop new business
- Good internal collaborator with sales, research and development, and production teams
The successful candidate will be a motivated, innovative entrepreneur with proven success of winning new business.
Please forward resume in (MS Word format) with salary requirements to:
Nancy Taylor, Director of Human Resources
Concord Foods LLC
10 Minuteman Way
Brockton, MA 02301