Perform all installation, maintenance, servicing, repairing, and rebuilding of packaging equipment and other related equipment. This position will require electrical skills as defined below. Effectively communicate with operators and supervisors. Ability to fill out pm documents and parts request is also required. Must have a cooperative attitude and work well with all departments. Hours 3pm - midnight, includes Saturdays and 10pm – 6:30am, includes Saturdays
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues with packaging / process equipment
- Properly perform preventive maintenance procedures on all packaging equipment.
- Provide direction and training to maintenance technicians, operators, production supervisors and/or contractors for repair/replacement.
- Coordinate outside resources, such as engineers, service technicians, vendors, designers, suppliers, contractors, etc.
- Assist with developing, planning, scheduling, and implementing capital projects to improve plant performance, productivity, and reliability.
- Participate and execute other duties and projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of established preventive maintenance system and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Have a basic understanding to include, but not be limited to the principles of belts, belt drives, chain drives, gearboxes, conveyors, and hydraulic systems as they pertain to packaging.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Excellent knowledge of Packaging, Processing, and industrial plant equipment
- Ability to test and troubleshoot electrical, packaging, & process equipment
- Experience with PLC’s, servo drives, controls integration, networks, and various controls software platforms
- Ability to work in cooperative atmosphere with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills will be required
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Ability to apply basic math
- Safe use of tools and knowledge of lock out / tag out procedures
- Good Computer skills
- Ability to work on other shifts and work overtime as assigned
Technical experience working in a food, beverage or consumer packaged good industry
- Excellent welding skills stainless steel sanitary welding a plus.
- Ability to rebuild pumps and reducers.