Concord Foods, LLC is a rapidly growing, dynamic food manufacturer, located 25 miles south of Boston (off Route 24) near the Brockton/Easton line. Concord Foods is a leading supplier of retail food products and custom ingredients to nationally recognized supermarkets, food service operators and leading industrial/food manufacturers.
Customer Service Representative
Concord Foods is seeking a detail oriented, energetic, self-starter to fill a full time hourly position in our fast paced Customer Service/Sales Department. Hours are 8am-4:30pm.
Responsibilities include handling customer inquiries, processing orders, tracking shipments to ensure on-time deliveries, supporting sales staff, sales reports/spreadsheets, and general clerical duties.
Candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and customer handling skills. Minimum of 2-4 years customer service experience required. Proficient skills in MS Word and Excel a must.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues with packaging / process equipment
- Properly perform preventive maintenance procedures on all packaging equipment.
- Provide direction and training to maintenance technicians, operators, production supervisors and/or contractors for repair/replacement.
- Coordinate outside resources, such as engineers, service technicians, vendors, designers, suppliers, contractors, etc.
- Assist with developing, planning, scheduling, and implementing capital projects to improve plant performance, productivity, and reliability.
- Participate and execute other duties and projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of established preventive maintenance system and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Have a basic understanding to include, but not be limited to the principles of belts, belt drives, chain drives, gearboxes, conveyors, and hydraulic systems as they pertain to packaging.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Excellent knowledge of Packaging, Processing, and industrial plant equipment
- Ability to test and troubleshoot electrical, packaging, & process equipment
- Experience with PLC’s, servo drives, controls integration, networks, and various controls software platforms
- Ability to work in cooperative atmosphere with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills will be required
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Ability to apply basic math
- Safe use of tools and knowledge of lock out / tag out procedures
- Good Computer skills
- Ability to work on other shifts and work overtime as assigned
Technical experience working in a food, beverage or consumer packaged good industry
- Excellent welding skills stainless steel sanitary welding a plus.
- Ability to rebuild pumps and reducers.
Production Manager 2nd shift
We are seeking a team player who will have overall responsibility for managing specific departments on the 2nd shift. This individual will supervise 1-2 direct reports operating several distinct food processing technologies. Associates degree or knowledge equivalent to such degree.
Candidate must have 5-10 years experience in a process oriented manufacturing environment such as food, pharmaceutical, cosmetic or experience in an assembly manufacturing environment.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret charts, graphs and logs on a technical level
• Ability to effectively present information and communicate with all levels of personnel
• Good analytical and logical problem solving skills.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Establishing departmental objectives pertaining to quality, safety, productivity, and cost.
- Continuously evaluate, monitor, and challenge the performance standards for the department
- Provide all reporting Supervisors and Crew Leaders the support and resources necessary to accomplish department and company goals
- Develop all reporting Supervisors and Crew leaders into innovative problem solvers while holding them accountable for department and company objectives
- Participate in the development and implementation of new manufacturing processes, product and systems technology to continually improve process outcomes
- Establish, prepare, implement, revise, and maintain policies and procedures related to operations. Provide a leadership role in the integration of Operations, Quality, and Safety
- Establish and maintain more uniform methods of manufacturing. Assure the total compliance of company policies by verifying they are communicated, understood, followed and verified. This includes safety, quality, GMP’s, work rules, HACCP, SSOP’s, and human resources
- Develop appropriate individuals so that succession plans are available and operational. Work with Division Manager to ensure effective labor and materials utilization
- Individual should a understand and working knowledge of Continuous Improvement and of Lean Manufacturing practices.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Effective time management and prioritization skills
Proven ability to lead, manage, and motivate during periods of change and disruption, fosters a culture of continuous improvement
Ability to counsel and discipline in a positive "change behavior” atmosphere
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both written and oral with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
Active Learning, Listening Skills and Critical Thinking Skills to find effective solutions for any problems that arise
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word
Production Supervisor 2nd shift
The supervisor will have “hands on” responsibility for 1-2 processing/packaging lines with 10-15 employees on the 2nd shift. Candidates should have 3- 5 years manufacturing supervisory and hourly employee management experience.
- Knowledge of FDA regulated processing/manufacturing preferred.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to rapid changeover requirements.
- Team player with good organizational, analytical, technical interpersonal and training skill.
- Ability to understand and execute complex formulas and processing instructions.
- A high level of integrity and willingness to assume responsibility.
- Experience managing a diverse hourly employee team.
- Understanding of FDA Good Manufacturing Practices requirements.
- Must have good verbal and written skills in the English language
- Associates Degree – Science or Engineering a plus.
- Working knowledge of MRP systems.
- Responsible for 1- 2 production lines and ensures that all production and quality standards are consistently met.
- Documents and analyzes all required production data to ensure goals are met.
- Uses problem solving and corrective action teams to optimize production/packaging operations.
- Investigates non conforming production using Root Cause Analysis.
- Able to clearly communicate problems with equipment and processes.
- Manage and execute production schedules meeting customer service goals.
- Effectively utilize labor and production capability to maximize productivity at or below budget cost.
- Manage elimination of waste; focus on continuous improvement. Some exposure to Lean Manufacturing desirable.
- Recognize and implement cost savings opportunities.
- Coach and train front line employees
- Safety orientated
Please forward resume with salary requirements to:
Director of Human Resources
10 Minuteman Way
Brockton, MA 02301