The Vice President of Supply Chain shall be responsible for managing all aspects of the supply chain processes at Concord Foods. They shall oversee and motivate a group of individuals to work as a team to achieve company goals in a timely manner. They interact with vendors and coordinate with Concord’s Sales, Production and Warehouse to best serve our customers. They will find, identify areas of improvement, create innovative solutions to supply chain issues, and relentlessly execute solutions. In all tasks, the Vice President of Supply Chain must follow strict regulations regarding supply chain processes/quality and strive to minimize use of company resources and risk while maximizing profitability.
Concord’s Vice President of Supply Chain will coordinate regulatory compliance, as well as conduct product planning and purchasing of all raw materials. They analyze business data and make key decisions based on their observations, analysis, planning and experience. Their main functions also include performing inventory management, managing transportation costs and routes, and making decisions on warehousing and distribution methods. They develop strong business relationships with vendors while building a strong team with Concord’s Sales, Production, Scheduling and Warehouse personnel.
A bachelor's degree in supply chain management, business administration, logistics, or a related field is required for this job. Previous experience in supply chain management and/or purchasing is generally required or preferred, and leadership certifications may be a plus. The Vice President of Supply Chain must possess strong interpersonal skills, excellent attention to detail, and strong analytical skills. They must be a results-driven individual that is proficient in creating and monitoring cost-reduction initiatives. This professional will work in a fast-paced environment that requires quick thinking and effective multitasking.
Vice President Supply Chain Tasks
- Strategy: Develop company supply chain strategy that meets company performance objectives and exceeds customer expectations.
- Risk Management: Maintain compliance and minimize company risk in regards to environment, health, and safety. Special attention shall focus on risk management of suppliers, quality and food safety.
- Supply Chain Management: Identifies resources and materials, acquires product, inventories appropriate quantities, meets production planning, and supports having finished goods ready for the customer on time. Will insure that forecasting, raw material availability, production scheduling are well aligned to meet Concord’s high levels of customer service and on time deliveries. Develop supply chain management best practices in areas such as systems integration and optimization (including MRP), inventory control, and demand planning.
- Purchasing and Inventory Management: Effectively works to find the best prices for goods, track commodity markets, select vendors, negotiate contracts, inventory appropriately, monitor purchasing, track efficiency and ensure results. Ensure that needed materials are always in stock, and that the supply available will meet customer demand without having more product than is needed tying up storage space. Optimize routines to ensure delivery of adequate supplies of the highest quality materials at the lowest reasonable costs.
- Tracks Results: Monitor key metrics including quality, delivery times, vendor performance, inventory turns and value, in stock status, obsolete inventory, material costs, market trends, budgets and customer service levels. Creates an environment of accountability and urgency and executes continuous improvement initiatives to address any weaknesses and to drive success. Must conduct detailed root cause analysis and develop corrective actions that are monitored for success.
- Planning: Lead, strengthen and coordinate an A level team composed of Supply Chain personnel with Sales, Production, Scheduling, Marketing, R&D, Quality and Warehousing to ensure Concord executes efficient and effective schedules and supply chain optimization. Proactively identify supply requirements for all product lines and partner with Sales, Marketing, R&D and Scheduling in support of all new product introductions.
- Personnel Development: Lead the Supply Chain department in hiring, skill development, performance evaluation and professional development of staff.
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
We seek an individual with a strong background in Food Safety/Quality systems to lead the effort for continuous improvement, to manage the existing QA staff, to interface with Engineering, Operations, R&D, and Sales to ensure successful introduction of new products and implementation or revision of processes and procedures. The QA manager is responsible for maintaining the SQF Code and its system. The QA Manager will lead the execution of all internal and external Food Safety/Quality audits, and will interface with senior management to ensure that appropriate food safety programs are in place.
- Conduct periodic reviews of existing QA policies and procedures to ensure that they are effective and up to date.
- Develop, coordinate, and direct all quality functions to reduce and/or eliminate product quality failures on the production floor.
- Perform product failure trend analysis and implement corrective actions.
- Assume a leadership role to improve process repeatability on the production floor.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of food safety programs: SQF Code 7.2 including HACCP, GMP’s, Food Security, Allergen Controls, etc.
- Facilitate the internal auditing program to ensure that deficiencies are corrected properly in a timely manner.
- Work with production personnel to prevent and/or resolve issues affecting product quality.
- Track projects completion and ensure that deadlines are met. Ensure records are complete and accurate.
- Ensure that QA and plant personnel are well trained in food safety policies and procedures. Identify training needs and develops appropriate training programs. Conduct training sessions and cross-train employees as needed.
- Acts as primary contact for customer and retail consumers regarding questions about (allergens) and other product information.
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
Minimum 5 years of increasing responsibility in food/pharmaceutical manufacturing QA leadership.
SQF Practitioner Certified
Experience in Food Acidified Processes
Knowledgeable about food allergens: application and controls.
Understanding of food security principles.
Knowledgeable of the following and their requirements (GFSI, SQF, BRC, QAI, ASI)
Understanding of FDA’s food manufacturing regulations.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to deal effectively with all levels of management and operations.
Must be persuasive, diplomatic, and posses good problem solving skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry or other scientific discipline.
SR. TECHNOLOGIST QUALITY ASSURANCE
We are seeking a Sr. Technologist to assist in driving process improvements on our second shift which is expanding. Hours are 2:30pm – 11pm.
Qualified candidates will have at least a B.S. in a food science discipline and 4-5 years experience in food manufacturing, process oriented with good troubleshooting skills, and ability to think analytically. Strong computer skills and knowledge of statistical process control (SPC) required. This is a hands-on position in the production area, integrated with some Lab/R&D bench work for certain formulations and projects. Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of operations is necessary. In addition, the candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision and start projects by his/her own initiative and follow them up until completion. This position will also oversee two technicians on the 2nd shift.
The ideal candidate must have a good understanding of the science behind process control (like heat transfer and rheology principles), chemistry (like Maillard and Caramelization reactions, as well as fats and colloidal systems), and machinery/processing equipment functioning (general understanding of pumps, homogenizers, vacuum systems, etc).
We offer an excellent benefits package including: medical/dental/life/STD/LTD/401k and a competitive salary based on experience, and much more. Year end bonus.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment physical, background check and drug screen.
Please forward resume in MS Word format with salary requirements to:
Nancy Taylor, Director of Human Resources
Concord Foods LLC
10 Minuteman Way
Brockton, MA 02301