Glazed Banana Pecan Bread
A wonderful banana bread filled with delicious pecans!
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 tablespoons chopped pecans
1 package ChiquitaTM Banana Bread Mix
1 cup mashed bananas (approximately 2 very ripe bananas)
1 large egg (lightly beaten)
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
Pre-heat oven to 350*F. Grease and lightly flour 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- Mix first 3 ingredients; set aside.
- Prepare batter according to package directions (step 2).
- Pour half of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle nut, cinnamon, sugar mix over batter. Cover with remaining batter. Spoon ¼ cup chopped pecans over top and lightly press into batter with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 350*F for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Continue to cool on wire rack.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for an additional minute. Remove from heat and drizzle over top of warm bread. Let cool for 45-60 minutes.
Category: Breads & Breakfast
CHIQUITA and the CHIQUITA Logo are trademarks of Chiquita Brands L.L.C. and are used under license from Chiquita Brands L.L.C.