Irish Soda Bread Recipe
Irish Soda Bread
Instead of adding cranberries to our Cranberry Bread Mix, try adding Raisins and Caraway Seeds for a deliciously moist Irish Soda Bread.
1 package Concord Foods Cranberry Bread Mix
1 large egg (lightly beaten)
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup water
1 Tablespoon caraway
- Place raisins in 3/4 cup warm water. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease and lightly flour an 8" x 4" loaf pan.
- Drain raisins, reserving 1/2 cup of the warm water. Mix contents with reserved warm water and egg until batter is smooth.
- Fold in raisins and caraway seeds.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 375ºF for 42-48 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes. Loosen edges and remove from pan. If using a 9" x 5" laof pan, adjust the baking time to 37-43 minutes
Note: If using a 9" x 5" loaf pan, adjust the baking time to
Category: Breads & Breakfast