- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar, plus more to decorate finished squares
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons Concord Foods Reconstituted Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Combine flour and confectioners' sugar with softened butter. Mix with a fork or pastry blender until blended.
- Press evenly into an 8 inch square pan. Bake 20 minutes.
- Combine eggs and sugar and beat until blended. Add rest of ingredients and beat until combined.
- Pour over hot, baked crust. Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes. Do not overbake. (Filling puffs during baking but flattens when cooled.)
- Cool on wire rack. Dust with confectioner's sugar before serving, if desired.