"Lime in the Coconut" Frosted Cheese Cake Bar Recipes
"Lime in the Coconut" Frosted Cheese Cake Bar
Courtesy of Jessica Roll - Third place winner, Summer Recipe Contest
A summertime desert made with Concord Foods Reconstituted Lime Juice.
1 sugar cookie mix (1 lb. 1.5 oz)
2 tablespoon flour
⅓ cup butter, softened
2 packages of cream cheese
1 can (16 oz.) cream of coconut
3 tablespoon Concord Foods Reconstituted Lime Juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 container cream cheese frosting
1 ¼ shredded coconut, toasted
2 teaspoon lime peel, grated
1) Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
2) Press dough in 13 x 9 greased and floured pan.
3) Bake cookie base for 15 minutes.
4) In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with mixer until fluffy. Add cream of coconut, lime juice, vanilla and eggs.
5) Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled cookie base. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes until set.
6) Cool and refrigerate 1 hour.
7) Spread cream cheese frosting, toasted coconut and lime peel over the filling.
8) Cover and keep in refrigerator.