Luscious Lime and Avocado Pesto
Luscious Lime and Avocado Pesto*
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, peeled
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled & roughly chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, washed & stemmed
- 1/4 cup Concord Foods Reconstituted Lime Juice
- Olive oil
- Red pepperflakes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 oz. crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
- 1 lb. ziti, rotini, penne, or other pasta that will complement this robust sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving some of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, blend the avocados, lime juice, garlic and cilantro, while drizzling enough olive oil to desired smoothness and consistency. Season with salt and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Drain pasta. Pour the avocado pesto over the sauce and mix well, adding small amounts of pasta water, if needed.
- Garnish with the crumbled cheese and tomatoes.
*This recipe by Carol W. of New York, won 2nd place in the Entrees Segment of Concord Foods' 2013 Summer Recipe Contest. Click Here for all the winning recipes.
Category: Main Courses