Football Themed Party Dip Recipe
Football Themed Party Dip
The perfect centerpiece for any football party. This party dip recipe with a hint of cayenne and a dash of cumin adds a kick to any football themed party. If football season is too short for your party plans, the dip is perfect for a soccer or baseball game as well. ENJOY!
2 packages Concord Foods Mild Guacamole Mix
4 ripe avocados (about 4 cups mashed)
1 can (16 oz) refried beans, divided
½ teaspoon ground cumin
pinch (1/16 teaspoon) cayenne powder
½ cup chopped tomatoes
¼ cup sliced ripe olives, coarsely chopped
1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
¼ cup sour cream
1 large bag round tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, prepare guacamole mixes as directed on package, using the 4 avocados.
- Measure out 2/3 cup refried beans and puree in a small food chopper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining refried beans with cumin, cayenne powder, tomatoes, olives and cheese. Shape into a football. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Spread 1/2 cup pureed refried beans on the bottom of a shallow, oval platter. Cover beans with the refrigerated guacamole. In the center, place the football and frost it with the remaining pureed beans.
- Spoon sour cream into a small, zip lock, plastic food bag. Then snip a small piece from a corner of the zip lock bag. Pipe sour cream lengthwise along center of football and across this line several times to resemble a football’s lacing. Squeeze remaining sour cream across the guacamole to resemble yard lines on a football field. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prior to serving, place chips around the edge of the guacamole. Serve with remaining chips.