Shrimp Bites Recipe
A wonderful appetizer for summer gatherings.
Serves: Makes 15 bites
- 1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons Concord Foods Reconstituted Lime Juice
- Scant ½ teaspoon curry powder
- Scant ⅛ teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- 3/4 cup chopped cooked shrimp (approx. ¼ lb)
- 1 box (15 count) mini fillo shells
- Garnishes: Major Grey Chutney, toasted sweetened flaked coconut
- Combine cream cheese, lime juice, curry and cayenne powders until well blended. Fold in shrimp and scallions.
- Spoon above mix into fillo shells. Top with a generous ½ teaspoon chutney, followed by a sprinkling of toasted coconut flakes.
- Filling can be prepared ahead of time, refrigerated and spooned into shells right before serving.
- If chunks in chutney are large, chop into smaller pieces.