Recipe for Thai Chicken Satay Skewers
Thai Chicken Satay Skewers
1 pound chicken breast (skinless, boneless)
1/3 cup light soy sauce
3 tablespoons Concord Foods Reconstituted Lime Juice
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoon ginger root, grated
3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons water
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
4 green onions with tops, cut into 1" pieces
8 Bamboo skewers
- Cut chicken crosswise into 3/8" wide strips and place in re-sealable plastic bag. Combine soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, gingerroot, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Mix and then reserve 3 tablespoons of the mixture for the dipping sauce; cover and refrigerate. With the remaining soy-spice mixture, add 2 tablespoons of water. Pour into bag with chicken pieces. Marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours, basting the chicken occasionally.
- Soak 8 (10"-12") bamboo skewers 20 minutes in cold water to prevent them from burning; drain. Prepare grill for direct cooking.
- Meanwhile, for peanut sauce, combine coconut milk, sugar, 3 tablespoons reserved soy-spice mixture and peanut butter in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 2-4 minutes or until sauce thickens. Keep warm.
- Drain chicken; reserve some marinade. Weave 3-4 chicken strips accordion-style onto each skewer, alternating with green onion pieces. Brush chicken and onions with reserved marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Place skewers on hot grill over medium-hot coals for 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning halfway through grilling time. Serve with warm peanut sauce for dipping.
Note: For stronger peanut flavor, add 1/2 tablespoon more peanut butter to dipping sauce mixture.
Category: Main Courses