White Chocolate Walnut Blueberry Bars
This amazing blueberry treat is perfect for kids and adults! Recipe courtesy of the
Berry Sweet Baking Contest, which was co-sponsored by California Giant Berry
- 2-1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 package Concord Blueberry Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x9 pan.
- Place blueberries and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Mash blueberries lightly with the back of a wooden spoon while cooking. Bring to a boil and cook 2-3 additional minutes allowing the blueberries to release their juices. Remove from heat.
- In a small cup, stir together cornstarch and water until dissolved. Stirring quickly and constantly, slowly pour cornstarch mixture into blueberries until combined. Continue stirring until thickened, 30-45 seconds. Set aside.
- Pour one cup of blueberry muffin mix in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Place the remaining muffin mix in a medium mixing bowl, then stir in melted butter, egg, milk, and chocolate chips, until it comes together in a thick dough. Scoop into greased pan and press down evenly with a spatula until level.
- Pour blueberries on top of dough, spreading until evenly covered. Add walnuts and salted butter to the small bowl containing the cup of muffin mix. Stir with a fork until it comes together in coarse crumbles. Sprinkle walnut mixture evenly on top of blueberries.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, until top of bars are golden and bars are baked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Place bars in refrigerator and chill 2-3 hours or overnight before slicing and serving.