07 Apr Plant Quality Assurance Manager
Plant Quality Assurance Manager
The Plant Quality Assurance Manager position is responsible for the day-to-day quality and food safety operational management of the Plant. This NEW position works in conjunction with the Quality Assurance Systems & Program Manager to plan, organize, schedule, and manage the activities of the Quality Assurance Department. Develops and implements appropriate plant policies and procedures, and modifies as needed. Ensures the execution of Total Plant Quality.
Responsible for the day-to-day quality and food safety operational management of the Plant.
- Support the implementation and execution of the company’s quality system programs.
- Drive Process Improvements in the processing areas.
- Work closely with all functions to ensure compliance to all quality policies and procedures.
- Participate in all QA meetings and new product activities with operations as required.
- Generate Safety Data Sheets (SDS’s) for products manufactured in the plant.
- Leader for all Food Safety related issues including acting as the facility’s Allergen Coordinator (generate allergen reports and answer allergen questions). Help to drive overall efforts to a more Quality Assurance model vs. strictly a control model.
- Support, train, review, coach and manage staff. Help staff be more “quality coaches” vs. “quality cops”. Stressing the need for Teamwork across the enterprise.
- Responsible for food safety and quality of the product produced or packaged on a daily basis.
- Initiate corrective action by reporting any food safety or quality problems/issues to supervisor or designee.
- Coordinates the completion of 3rd party food safety audits, in conjunction with the QA Systems & Program Manager
- Supports R&D Department in developing new products.
- Assists management in developing short and long-term goals and plans for the Quality Assurance Department. Provides suggestions and recommendations.
- Develop, manage, improving and seeking new testing methods. Includes Lab compliance, lab standards and testing protocol. Train and verify staff in proper testing protocols.QUALIFICATIONS
- Education/Certification: College degree in science discipline, Food Science or Chemistry preferred. Plusses: PCQI Certification, HACCP Certification, Process Control for Acidified Foods and SQF Practitioner preferred.
- Required Knowledge: Requires significant experience in a food production environment. Food safety quality system experience. Knowledgeable of GMP’s, sanitation, SOP’s, Allergen Control, FSMA and HACCP. Good understanding of the science behind process control, chemistry and machinery/processing equipment functioning
- Experience Required: 5+ years of related supervisory experience required. Food background with experience in food quality assurance (additional product development experience is a plus).
- Skills/Abilities: Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Strong decision making and organizational skills Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel and other computer applications)Solid statistical and math skills as well as problem solving abilities. Ability to work independently.
We offer an excellent benefits package including: medical/dental/life/STD/LTD/401k and a competitive salary based on experience, and much more. Year end bonus.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment physical, background check and drug screen.
Please forward resume in MS Word format with salary requirements to:
Nancy Taylor, Director of Human Resources
Concord Foods LLC
10 Minuteman Way
Brockton, MA 02301