The Commercialization Manager will manage the delivery of new and enhanced product development and commercialization projects. This is a pivotal role that ensures speed and innovation remain a core competency and that the team is focused, energized, and on track to meet the objectives of the product launches.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Drive the orderly and timely development and commercialization of the seasonal product.
- Lead cross-functional teams in developing new product development projects.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, on budget, and aligned to strategy.
- Drive the product costing process with the New Business Team
- Ensure teams meet milestones, critical business, and customer dates.
- Measure and report on team and project performance
- Identify, mitigate, and communicate project risks.
- Act as “the voice of reason” to senior leadership for product launch and scope decisions
- Facilitate decision-making and remove barriers to drive project progress.
- Be central contact between key business, product development and product launch functions.
- Ensure priorities of sales are anticipated and satisfied by operational functions.
- Develop partnerships to resolve operational issues and partner with operational functions to identify strategic opportunities to improve service and reduce cost across business units.
- Ensures specific future innovation projects are developed in accordance with the concepts, designs and specifications detailed by the requesters while maintaining an emphasis on feasibility, integrity & timelines.
- Deliver all development and commercialization samples on time.
- Champion evolution of NBT process
- Ensure process and tools are understood and applied by cross-functional teams.
- Identify opportunities to improve process, project team management, and meetings.
- Support continual optimization of project management system tools (Sharepoint / Teams)
- 3-5 years related experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Relevant training and / or certifications in sales operations preferred
- Analytical skills to interpret sales data and discuss how to improve the sales process
- Process Management - the ability to manage an extensive project list of at least 20-25 projects at various stages of completion
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with SAGE or other automated MRP / ERP system
- Accurate and attentive to detail.
- Well-organized, adapts to changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others
- Able to meet deadlines and manage projects.
- Proficient in 10-key and computer operations.
- Strong analytical skills.