The Safety/Environmental Manager will lead Safety for all of Concord Foods. This role is responsible for overall program management and supporting leadership in driving safety culture for the organization. The successful applicant will have demonstrated abilities in leading and influencing safety culture. The candidate will provide ongoing leadership, support & coordination to facility personnel to ensure proper implementation and maintenance of safety and environmental programs. This role is expected to be an active member of the operations team and help set the direction for the entire company, reporting to the Company’s Engineering Director.
• Build Safety capability in leaders of all functions.
• Serves as the primary trainer/coach for Safety Principles.
• Analyzes Potential Serious Injury data and mentors front line leaders on questions and understand how work is done.
• Works closely with Plant Engineering to ensure Safety critical risk management concepts are understood and enhanced controls are applied to eliminate Serious Injury and Fatality (SIF) potential.
• Partners with Human Resources to assess and improve psychological safety and effectiveness of leader safety conversations in the workplace.
• Oversees the Site’s Environmental and Safety Management System (ESMS) and compliance with local regulations.
• Works closely with operations management to establish, maintain, and improve safety culture and the facilities safety and environmental programs.
• Leads and/or participates in identification, development, and implementation of proactive programs designed to reduced injuries and illnesses with HSE improvement efforts, including, but not limited to: Central Safety Committees – Safety Observations, Incident Learning Teams, Ergonomics, and other ad hoc committees.
• Provides technical support and expertise in the areas of OSHA regulations, injury and workers compensation management, and other compliance initiatives to ensure the facility meets all corporate and regulatory requirements.
• Ensures completion of required employee HSE training
• Assists in the identification and development of budget planning regarding HSE (e.g., projected capital spending, expense budgets, workers compensation)
• Partners with HR to develop, manage, and ensure accurate monthly HSE injury and sustainability metrics.
• Conducts and documents incident investigations and ensures corrective actions are implemented.
• Front Line Leader experience – with direct reports
• 4+ years of experience in manufacturing or operations role
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field (engineering, operations, safety or related)
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) Certification or the ability to obtain CSP certification
• Demonstrated knowledge of Federal, State and Local Laws, Safety Laws and Policies
• Experience with state Safety and Environmental Regulatory agencies
• Experience in food and beverage manufacturing preferred but not required
• Knowledgeable of OSHA regulations and mandatory programs