The Senior Pricing Analyst is responsible for providing pricing support to the Sales and Marketing teams, as well as with providing analysis to the leadership team to assist with the understanding of the drivers of pricing decisions. You will help create pricing strategies, conduct detailed cost and price analysis, and guide the implementation of pricing decisions. Pricing will be b2b, in various channels (retail, food service, industrial, and ingredients) and for a variety of customers (restaurants, manufacturers, retail grocery outlets).
Requires a general knowledge of business and pricing practices and the ability to provide analysis based on multiple sources of information. Participates in the development of pricing strategies to meet customers' needs while providing a profit for the organization. Evaluates effectiveness of pricing strategies and makes recommendations to pricing structures as needed. Provides reporting and documentation of pricing structures and serves as the point-of-contact for pricing inquiries from internal departments.
- Drive the analytics behind the development of pricing strategies for new and existing products, ensuring alignment with business goals, partnering with Sales, Marketing, R&D and Purchasing.
- Maintain and manage quarterly pass-through pricing for relevant customers.
- Lead annual pricing review and develop pricing action recommendations.
- Perform margin and pricing analysis to support business initiatives, including providing accurate pricing and profitability analysis to help guide decisions, identifying opportunities to optimize sales and profitability through pricing strategies, and developing post-program analysis and provide recommendations to the broader team.
- Maintain thorough documentation of pricing structures, serving as the go-to expert and point-of-contact for all pricing-related inquiries from internal departments.
- Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of current pricing strategies, conducting deep analyses to recommend adjustments to pricing structures as needed, ensuring customer needs are met while maintaining organizational profitability.
- Work closely with cross functional teams, including Sales, Purchasing, R&D, Operations and Marketing, ensuring alignment on pricing assumptions and ensuring smooth communication and understanding.
- Improve to that create efficiency and accuracy in pricing actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, statistics, marketing, or finance or 5+ years of experience with pricing and/or sales operations.
· 4-8 years related experience in a similar role, preferably in CPG.
· Exceptional analytical skills and a curiosity about developing better processes.
- Sound analytical skills with the ability to troubleshoot / problem solve with internal and remote user groups.
- Self-motivated and capable of managing own tasks with little direct supervision, organization, able to prioritize and multi-task, work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and persuasively at all levels.
- Exceptional ability to identify, gather, analyze, and interpret data, translating insights into actionable strategies.
- A business-oriented mindset with a deep curiosity and disciplined approach to problem-solving.
- Working knowledge of business strategies including customer requirements, Supply Chain strategies, product information strategies and marketing strategies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; high level in Excel. Experience with Power BI.