Chili in a Tortilla Bowl
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- ½ lb ground beef (90% lean)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 package Concord Fresh Success Mild Salsa Mix
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded Mexican 4 cheese blend
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced vegetable oil
Directions for making the Tortilla Bowls:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Lightly oil one side of 4 tortillas. Use aluminum foil & ball it into a 3” circle for each tortilla. Place underneath the oiled tortilla, it will bend into a bowl during cooking.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes or until the tortilla is light brown on top.
- Lightly oil one side of 4 tortillas and 4 (10 oz) custard cups or 4 (500 ml) corning dishes.
- Place tortillas, folding to fit, in dishes with oil side up.
- Place 4 smaller custard dishes on top of tortillas.
- Bake on a cookie sheet in oven for 10 minutes. Carefully remove tortillas from dishes or tin.
- Return tortilla bowls on a cookie sheet to oven for an additional 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Directions for making the Chili:
- In a 3 qt saucepan combine Salsa Seasoning Mix and tomatoes. Cook beef and onions in a large skillet over medium to high heat. Drain well. Add meat and onions to tomato mix in saucepan. Stir in beans. tomatoes and green chilies. Cook over medium heat 5 to 8 minutes.
- Fill each tortilla “bowl” with ¼ of the meat mixture. Top with shredded cheese, sour cream, diced tomato and avocado.
>PRINT THIS RECIPE!