Sautéed Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- 1½ pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Concord Fresh Success Greens & Kale Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup water
- 2½ pounds Brussels sprouts, trim, halved
- 1 2/3 cup onions, chopped
- 6 or 7 strips bacon, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable or olive oil
- 1 pouch Concord Fresh Success Greens & Kale Seasoning Mix
- 1 2/3 cup water
- Mix green seasoning mix with water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, add the oil and bacon and brown bacon in a pan over medium high heat until crisp. Remove cooked bacon bits to paper towel lined plate.
- Add onions to the pan and sauté for about 1 minute. Add Brussels sprouts, sauté until they begin to brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add in green seasoning broth. Stir well. Cover the pan with lid. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally until the broth reduces just enough to coast the Brussels sprouts, about 5 to 6 minutes. If the broth dries out before the desired doneness is achieved, add in a small amount of water to the pan and continue cooking until desired doneness is achieved.
- Transfer sprouts to a plate and top with cooked bacon bits. Serve.
>PRINT THIS RECIPE!