Recipe Apple Kits
Decorated Caramel Apples
- Concord Foods Caramel Apple Kit
- Candies and/or nuts (sprinkles, M&M’S chocolate candies, peanuts)
- Insert sticks into 4 refrigerated small sized apples. Empty candies and nuts into shallow bowls. Lightly oil a baking sheet or plate.
- Remove lid from the caramel tub; place on a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes until caramel bubbles. The caramel’s temperature should be 160 – 170°F. Do not overheat caramel. Remove and stir well. Handle hot caramel carefully.
- Dip all 4 apples into caramel, turning to coat evenly. If caramel thickens while dipping, reheat for 20 seconds. Let caramel apples sit for 2 minutes before dipping into candies or nuts.
- Dip and roll coated apples in candies and/or nuts. Place decorated caramel apples on a prepared baking sheet or plate to cool. If dip apples are not to be consumer within a few hours, store in refrigerator to keep coating firm.
>PRINT THIS RECIPE!