Fish Tacos with Avocado Salsa
- 1 package Concord Fresh Success Hot Salsa Mix, divided
- ½ pound Roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 teaspoons Concord Foods Reconstituted Lime Juice
- 1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pound tilapia or cod filets, cut into 2-3-inch pieces
- 8 (6 inch) yellow corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- ½ cup (2 oz) shredded Mexican 4 cheese blend
- Three hours before serving: In a medium bowl add ½ packet Concord Foods Hot Salsa Mix, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro. Mix well. Add avocado and lime juice and mix gently to combine. Refrigerate.
- Mix remaining Hot Salsa Mix with tortilla chips and mix well to combine.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Pat fish pieces dry with paper towel. Dip fish pieces into egg, then coat well with tortilla crumbs, making sure to press crumbs firmly onto fish. Place on prepared tray and repeat with remaining fish. Refrigerate, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil.
- Bake fish for 15-18 minutes or until fish flakes easily when pulled with a fork and reaches an internal temperature of 145°F. After 5 minutes of cooking time has elapsed add tortillas to oven to warm for 10 minutes.
- To assemble, place fish on warmed tortilla, top with lettuce, avocado salsa, and shredded cheese.
>PRINT THIS RECIPE!