Lime Glazed Cranberry White Chocolate Muffins
- 1 cup dry sweetened cranberries
- 1 (4.5 oz bottle) Concord Foods Lime Juice From Concentrate, minus 3 tablespoons
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- For the lime glaze:
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Concord Foods Lime Juice From Concentrate
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F and line 18 muffins cups with paper liners.
- In a saucepan combine cranberries, lime juice, and water. Heat mixture over medium heat until it just starts to simmer. Remove from heat, cover with a lid, and let stand for 15 minutes. Once time is up remove lid, reserve ¼ cup of soaking liquid, then drain and let cranberries cool.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cardamom. Whisk to combine, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine reserved soaking liquid, buttermilk, oil, egg, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined. Pour wet ingredients into dry and fold to combine, about 15 strokes. Add cranberries and white chocolate, and fold to mix, about 3-5 strokes. Do not over-mix.
- Divide batter between paper baking cups. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and spring back when gently pressed in the center. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While muffins cool prepare glaze:
- In a small bowl combine glaze ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Dip tops of cooled muffins into glaze, letting excess drip off before returning to wire rack. Let glaze set, about 1 hour, before serving.
>PRINT THIS RECIPE!