Mediterranean Chickpea Salad with Lemon-Herb Dressing
- 2 cans (15.5oz size) chick peas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Lemon Herb Dressing Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons Concord Foods Reconstituted Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup Rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons basil, fresh, chopped (or 3/4 tsp dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Make the dressing first by mixing all dressing ingredients together in a blender on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Place chick peas and onion in a non-metal bowl. Pour dressing over them and marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours. Add green pepper, tomatoes and parsley, toss well and serve.
>PRINT THIS RECIPE!