- 3 tablespoons Concord Foods lime juice
- 1 large Valencia orange (or any seedless variety), cut into 1/4″ slices
- 2 tablespoons concentrated frozen orange juice, thawed
- 2-4 tablespoons superfine sugar (or to taste)
- 3 cups Burgundy Wine (750mls)
- 8-10 large ice cubes
- Chilled Glasses (optional)
- Combine the lime juice, orange slices, orange juice and sugar. Pour in the wine and mix hard with a long handled wooden spoon until well mixed. Taste. If a sweeter Sangria is desired, add more sugar.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until thoroughly chilled. Just before serving add the ice cubes, stir again and serve at once in chilled glasses; or the glasses may be filled with ice cubes before adding the Sangria.
Note: Standard variations include 1/2 sliced lemon cut into 1/4″ slices, 1/2 of a large cored apple cut into thin slices. Some variations to this recipe also include 2 ounces brandy and some chilled club soda.
>PRINT THIS RECIPE!