Banana-Raisin Chicken Curry
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon ChiquitaTM Banana Bread Mix
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 small ripe bananas, chopped
- ¼ cup Sun-Maid Raisins
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube/1tsp chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Medium non-stick skillet
- Blender or food processor
- Coat chicken pieces with 1 cup of ChiquitaTMBanana Bread Mix, shaking off excess mix.
- Heat oil in skillet and brown coated chicken on all sides. Remove browned chicken from pan and reserve.
- Add onion, bananas, 1 tablespoon of Sun-Maid raisins, and garlic to pan and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add curry powder and 1 tablespoon ChiquitaTMBanana Bread Mix and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Stir in chicken bouillon until dissolved and simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour into blender adding vinegar, honey, and salt. Puree until smooth.
- Place chicken back into skillet and pour curry sauce over. Simmer for 5 minutes until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
- Serve immediately topped with Sun-Maid Raisins.
CHIQUITA and the CHIQUITA Logo are trademarks of Chiquita Brands L.L.C. and are used under license from Chiquita Brands L.L.C.
>PRINT THIS RECIPE!