Sweet & Salty Dropped Dumplings with Raisins
Makes: 20 dumplings
Ingredients for Broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup onion, small dice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, freshly grated
- ¼ cup Sun-Maid Raisins
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tablespoon ChiquitaTM Banana Bread Mix
- 6 cups water
- 6 cubes/teaspoons chicken bouillon
Ingredients for Dumplings
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup ChiquitaTM Banana Bread Mix
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- Medium Soup Pot
- Rubber Spatula
- Mixing bowl
- ½ Teaspoon
For the broth
- Melt butter in sauce pan then add onion, garlic, ginger, and salt and pepper. Saute until onions become transluscent.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Sun-Maid raisins and stir about 15 seconds. Save second tablespoon of raisins for topping.
- Add in tablespoon of ChiquitaTMBanana Bread Mix and mix well, forming a roux.
- Stir in 6 cups of water, let water come to a boil.
- Add chicken bouillon and stir.
For the dumplings
- Combine all ingredients and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Using a ½ teaspoon, drop dumplings into boiling broth.
- Cover pot and cook approximately 4 minutes, until dumplings float.
- Serve broth and dumplings topped with Sun-Maid Raisins.
>PRINT THIS RECIPE!