Banana Walnut Streusel Coffee Cake
- 2 boxes ChiquitaTM Banana Bread
- 4 tablespoons double acting baking powder
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups mashed over-ripe banana
- ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
- 10 fl oz. water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375oF and grease and lightly flour Bundt pan.
- To make streusel, mix all ingredients together using fork. Set aside.
- Blend baking powder with banana bread mix by hand for 1 -2 minutes. Add egg, water, banana, finely chopped walnuts and mix by hand for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 batter into Bundt pan sprinkle ½ of the streusel topping over batter in pan, cover streusel with remaining batter.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool and remove from pan and invert.
- Heat remaining streusel in small pan until melted and pour over bundt.
>PRINT THIS RECIPE!