Banana Whoopie Pies
- 1 box Chiquita™ Banana Bread Mix
- 2 tsp. Double acting baking powder
- 1-large Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Mashed over-ripe Banana
- ½ cup Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- 2 Tbsp milk
- ½ cup Finely Chopped Walnuts (optional)
Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 oz Cream Cheese at room temperate
- 6 Tbsp Butter, softened
- ½ tsp. Vanilla
- 1 ½ cup Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 450oF. Line baking pan with parchment
- To make filling, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla together. Gradually add in powdered sugar until light and fluffy
- Hand mix egg, milk, banana and dry mix for 2-3 minutes, fold in chopped walnuts (optional).
- Drop 1 ½ Tbsp of batter onto parchment lined baking pan.
- Cook on middle rack for 7-8 minutes, or until done. Cool on pan and remove parchment.
- Sandwich about 3 Tbsp of filling between whoopie cakes, then roll edges in finely chopped walnuts (optional).
>PRINT THIS RECIPE!