Shepherd’s Pie Stuffed Potatoes
- 4 Russet potatoes, scrubbed clean and dried well
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 teaspoons Concord Fresh Success Roasted Potato Seasoning, divided
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 8 ounces ground beef, 85/15 preferred
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Concord Fresh Success Garlic and Herb Mashed Potato Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream or half and half
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Rub potatoes with 1 tablespoon of oil. Add 2 teaspoons of roast potato seasoning and rub to evenly coat the potatoes.
- Place potatoes directly on oven rack and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until potatoes are tender when a paring knife is inserted into the center. Remove from oven and cool while you prepare filling.
- In a medium skillet over medium add reserved oil. Once hot add onion and cook, stirring often, until onion is just translucent, about 5 minutes. Add beef and cook, crumbling well, until well browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add reserved roasted potato seasoning, peas and carrots and flour; cook for 2 minutes. Lower heat to medium low and stir in beef broth. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens, about 4-5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out the potato flesh to a medium bowl, placing potato skins on a baking sheet. Divide meat mixture between potato skins. Set aside.
- To the bowl of potato flesh add mashed potato seasoning, butter, and cream. Mash until potatoes are smooth, then pipe or spread mashed potato mixture evenly among potato skins making sure to seal in meat mixture.
- Return potatoes to oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the tops of the potatoes are golden brown and filling is hot. Serve immediately.
>PRINT THIS RECIPE!